New York Part 1.


I decided to get myself another camera for my trip, although I already have three. There is something so special about film photos - I love their authenticity, the colour of them and the element of surprise, because you truly don't know how they're going to turn out until you get them developed. This is the first roll of film I've shot and I'm really happy with the result. Although I already have a film camera I wouldn't call myself an expert with them, I still find it difficult to load the film and I'm always certain that only about a quarter of the roll will turn out, I'm usually wrong though. I forgot to get the photos transferred straight onto a CD, so I had to scan them and they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. These photos were all taken around SoHo and Times Square when I first arrived in NY. I've just started my second roll of film which will have shots of the famous Magnolia's Bakery cupcakes and views from the top of the Empire State Building, stay tuned x

No comments